We are currently looking for a MySQL DBA / Data Architect at Lotame. The job description is below and can also be found on our web site at on the careers page, where you can also apply and upload your resume.
MySQL DBA/Data Architect
Lotame is looking for a data mastermind to build the next generation of internet marketing technology specifically geared towards social networking websites like MySpace and Facebook. If you like to be intimately involved in the design and development of a company’s core technology, want to own projects and make a real difference in a small company, then Lotame wants you.
Candidates for this position must be thoroughly knowledgeable in database technologies, with specific knowledge of MySQL in a Linux environment.
The day to day:
- Manage MySQL on Linux in Production/QA/Development environments utilizing open source technologies including LVM and DRDB.
- Support system administrators and developers to ensure optimal system design
- Ensure database systems perform reliably
- Lead the design of all aspects of the data architecture, including data models, data flows, aggregations, clustering, replication, and back and recovery strategies
- Develop and enforce enterprise wide database design standards
- Support team in troubleshooting efforts
- BS in a technical field or significant relevant experience
- 4+ years of database experience
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience in database performance tuning, backup and recovery, system architecture and design with MySQL
- Strong understanding of system administration fundamentals in a Linux environment.
- Ability to write scripts to support database administration activities.
- Experience working with very large data sets
- Experience with data sharding/partitioning is a major plus
- Experience with MySQL stored procedures, functions, and triggers
- Experience managing large, dynamic, storage using LVM.
- Knowledge of multiple MySQL storage engines
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks